Below is an email about volunteering at the Maryland Tournaments.

Cari

To those who have responded to the email below…thanks!!!  For those who haven’t…we are still beating the bushes to find experienced judges for the qualifying rounds on 5, 12, and 19 Dec and 9 Jan. In addition to the La Plata round on 5 Jan, another qualifying round is being held in Bowie…so we could really use your help!!  Thanks in advance.

Buck

Buck Buchanan
Raytheon Solipsys
Director, Business Development
8170 Maple Lawn Blvd, Suite 300
Fulton, Maryland  20759-2522  USA
240.554.8204 tel
240-899-6925 cell
240-554.8101 fax

www.solipsys.com

Folks –

As experienced FLL judges, we hope you can volunteer to judge Teamwork again this year.  The big difference for the 2010 FLL competition is we now have qualifying rounds beginning 5 December around the state to neck almost 160 teams down to the 64 who will compete in the MD finals at UMBC on 30 Jan.  For each one of these qualifying rounds (see dates and locations below), we need to supply at least three experienced Teamwork judges to work with the local augmentee judges.

Loc

Date

Location

Street

City

State

Zip

1

Saturday, December 05, 2009

College of Southern Maryland

8730 Mitchell Road

La Plata

MD

20646

2

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Northern Garrett High School
http://sites.google.com/site/garrettqualifier

86 Pride Parkway

Accident

MD

21520

3

Saturday, December 12, 2009

South River High School

201 Central Ave East

Edgewater

MD

21037

4

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Owings Mills High School

124 Tollgate Road

Owings Mills

MD

21117

5

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Digital Harbor High School

1100 Covington St

Baltimore

MD

21230

6

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Oklahoma Road Middle School

6300 Oklahoma Road

Sykesville

MD

21784

7

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Salisbury Middle School

607 Morris Street

Salisbury

MD

21801

8

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Parkville High School

2600 Putty Hill Ave

Parkville

MD

21234

9

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab

11100 Johns Hopkins Road

Laurel

MD

20723

Please let me know ASAP if you can support any of the above qualifying matches as well as the MD state finals.  We are looking for other FLL judge volunteers as well.  So please pass the word to your coworkers, friends, etc., who have a technical background and/or leadership experience. More FLL info and judge sign-up can be found at the MD First site at  http://www.mdfirst.org/MD/index.htm.

FLL Judge training is available at ftp://forums.usfirst.org/  Make sure you use Internet explorer for this site.  The username is ftpjudge and the password is ftpJudge (note the capital J in the password).  After you log in, click on "Judges", =>"Smart Move Materials", => download and print the "Judges Handbook + Rubrics".
Then click on "Training" and "General Judge Training".  Click on "2009 Judge Training -LoFi.pdf" and read the slides (should only take about 10 minutes for returning judges).  A form should be on the MDFirst website soon for you to certify that you have completed the judge’s training.

As you well know, these competitions are fun and exciting, and what FLL teams accomplish is nothing short of amazing.  Most importantly, the skills these kids learn during these competitions will last a lifetime.  Your support as a judge is critical to the success of the MD FLL program.

Hope to hear from you very soon.