From: First Lego League in Virginia and DC [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brittany Rose
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 3:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VADCFLL-L] Great news about VA/DC FLL teams at international competitions

Good afternoon VA/DC FLL,

I am thrilled to announce that TWO teams from our region will be representing Virginia and DC on the FLL world stage by participating in international events this spring.

Vector 67 - the VA/DC FLL division 2 Smart Move champions based out of Reston, Virginia - has received one of the coveted Core Values slots at the World Festival being held in Atlanta, Georgia from April 14-17.  Although Virginia/DC was not awarded a spot at the World Festival this year in the annual lottery, Vector 67's commitment to living the ideal of gracious professionalism earned them the chance to attend.

Team ROBOWIZ - the VA/DC FLL division 1 Smart Move champions based out of Chantilly, Virginia - is one of only a handful of teams from the United States that have been given the opportunity to participate in the European Open being held in Istanbul, Turkey from April 21-24.  I invite you to check out their team's website at www.robowiz.org for more information about their activities and the European Open.  I also invite you to consider helping them in their fundraising efforts - traveling to Turkey is an exciting proposition but also a very expensive one (estimated costs are nearly $20,000) - and ROBOWIZ is gladly accepting tax deductible donations to help them on their way.  Organizations and individuals who would like to learn more should check out their sponsorship packet at http://www.robowiz.org/Robowiz%20Sponsorship%20Package%20v6.pdf.  Every little bit helps - just think, if every FLL team member in VA/DC donated a dollar, ROBOWIZ would be 20% of the way to their goal.

Congratulations to both teams - I know that they will do an outstanding job of representing the rest of the VA/DC FLL community!

Cheers,
Brittany

--
Brittany Rose