In looking ahead to the fall, I'm thinking that it would be really interesting to find someone from the biomedical engineering field who would be willing to come give a talk to our team.  Essentially this would give the kids an opportunity to interact with an expert who can talk about some of the achievements and challenges in the field.

Or if someone has other ideas on the topic, I'd be interested in hearing them.  I like the idea of supplementing the research they'll do online/at the library with something more in-person.

Thanks,
Matt

--
"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes