Mike B. and Ex-coaches, Volunteers and Mentors.

Probably you know me from Coaching (NXT-Rocks in the past or now GiRo's)
and Regional Tournament Coordinator in NOVA area. I am requesting help for two
important causes and hope to get support. Second cause is new and help
underserved community through the Computer Club - House or participation as new
teams.

(1) 2010 NOVA Regional Tournament
Thank you for those who have helped out before organizing, judging, referee,
registration, and even set-up. Probably most (Ex-Coaches) have participated in
the Ashburn and we plan to have it once again at Eagle Ridge. More and more
teams are registering including JFLL and without volunteer support, we will not
able to host regional in NOVA. Karen Berger and others at State level can do so
much, but we need local support. Please communicate with me off the list-server,
so I can share our ongoing efforts for Eagle Ridge (may be two days), Rocky Run,
Thomas Jefferson and Forest Edge (POC - [log in to unmask]).  Surely, DC based
teams are growing in numbers and Nick Swayne can get assistance.

(2) New Teams.
Recently, I hosted a FLL orientation for the Math Habitat Program students at
City of Fairfax Regional Library and received an overwhelming response to join
teams. These students (age 6-14) attend Schools in Fairfax, Burke, Springfield
and Falls Church.  This are wonderful and aspiring kids in Math and Science,
but don't have School based clubs or neighborhood teams. Current plan is to host
team meetings at City of Fairfax Regional Library.

a) Ex-Coaches and Mentors - Let me know if you can spare few hours per week
helping Coach/Co-Coach 2 FLL and 1 JFLL.  I will be available to coordinate team
meetings, facility use, parent communication, etc. It will be wonderful
experience for College and High School students to mentor or coach.

b) Alternatively new or veteran teams can add 2-4 members
c) Loan - Donated table and FLL equipment will be returned in November with
personnel appreciation from this team.

Thanks everyone. Please communicate your response to my e-mail:

PS: Mike B., it was nice to see your report  on the MyFox Evening News two weeks
back when Washington DC Metro had minor earthquake.

Desh Deshmukh