Greetings-Based on popular demand and interest from the Rookie Coaches and Northern Virginia veteran team support, we are happy to host a Coaches/Workshop and Teams Clinic at Johnson Center, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA on Friday October 1, 6-8 PM. - http://www.gmu.edu/Also, for first time, we are adding Junior FLL presentation and WeDo™ kit demo.NO NEED TO REGISTER, but due to the space limitation this Workshop and Team clinic is reserved only for Coaches and Team members.We are happy to share GMU Bioengineering (http://bioengineering.gmu.edu) Program has accepted our invitation and to give a presentation on the Bioengineering Research and new Undergraduate program. We are also expecting GMU students and FLL veterans including students from area high schools to facilitate team clinic in a adjacent room reserved for teams.Workshop Agenda - Room E, 3rd Floor - Johnson Center, 6 - 7.30 PMModerator - Wendi Manuel-Scott, PhD -Associate Professor of History, GMUVideo - Get in Game and "FIRST Volunteers: Gracious Professionals" or Capturing the Excitement of VADC FLL2006 State Tournament"Topic
- Bioengineering Research and Academics at GMU - Joseph J. Pancrazio, PhD, Bioengineering Program Director -
- Jr. FLL and WeDo™ Kit demo - Denise Lewis, FIRST Assistant Regional Director, DC
- Body Forward Robot Game & Rules Scoring - Steve Scherr, VA/DC Referee Advisor
- ABCDE's of Coaching and Project Research Strategy - Desh Deshmukh, Chantilly/Rocky Run and TJHSST Tournament Director '09
- What to expect at the tournament and Judging - Curt Tran, Judges Advisor, TJHSST Regional '09
- Robot Design and Performance Tricks - INVITED
Question and Answers.
Clinics - Room F, 3rd Floor - Johnson Center - 6-7.30 PM
- Robot Design and NXT Programming - 2009 SMART Move - FLL Veterans - Fairfax and Thomas Jefferson
- Demo's and Team Exhibits - Girls in Robotics, Ashburn Robotics
- GMU Bioengineering Students (Invited) - Why Bioengineering
Address:Johnson Center,4400 University Drive,
Fairfax, Virginia 22030Room E & F, 3rd FloorParking: Bldg 40 - Mason Pond Parking Deck.
Quiet Busy - on Friday with campus activities and Rt 123 and Braddock traffic.Desh Deshmukh
To UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE your settings, please visit
https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html and select "Join or leave the list".
VADCFLL administrative announcements are sent via VADCFLL-ADMIN-L. Visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-admin-l.html to subscribe.