From: Lloyd O'Hara
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:44 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VADCFLL-L] Question @ the mission ...

Shom,

That's a great question and I do not know the answer off the top of my head.  Being young, our team has decided to not try the bad cell mission so I have not paid any attention.  My gut feel would be that you would still get the points because in order to destroy you have to be able to identify first.  However, I don't know.  I'm hoping somebody on the listserv can answer and if they can't, chek in the FLL forums and/or send an email to Scott to see what the official ruling would be.

Have you checked the rules and game rulings:  http://firstlegoleague.org/media/twocol.aspx?id=247.  Also, a quick check of the mission shows a picture that would indicate what a "identify" score setup should look like at the end of the match.  Take a look and see what you think.  Also, make sure to check elsewhere (listserv, forums, Scott Evans, game rullings) to get an official answer.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Lloyd O'Hara
Coach, Crestwood Monarchs

  On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 9:03 AM, Lloyd O'Hara <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

  >solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
  They can be taken one at a time or both at the same time.  It does not matter,
  >as long as they are in the patient area when time runs out.

  Lloyd O'Hara
  Coach, Crestwood Monarchs

  >Sep 28, 2010 07:49:50 AM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

  Hello

  One of my students brought up an interesting question. One of the mission is

  >>to take both the nurse and bio-engineer to the patient area - so for full
  >points
  >>both should be in the patient area.

  The question was - can they be taken one by one - or do they need to be taken

  >>both together at the same time. Does it matter - since at the end of the
  >2.5 minutes
  >>if both are in the patient area - the team would get full points for that
  >mission.

  Thanks
  Viquar
  FLL - Team Avatar Robotics!