Hilary,
  I assume you are asking about the small bone (the one that gets the cast put on it).  The smaller piece (west side) gets dual-locked to the mat on its mark.  The larger piece (east side) is put almost on its mark, and will start rotated to align with the marks on the mat.

Field Setup:  Small Bone - Dual Lock Needed - Position the smaller (west) side part of this model perfectly on its mark at the west center. Then position the bigger (east) side over its mark [changed in Ruling 8], and press it down such that there’s a 1/16” in (1.5 mm) gap between the two parts. Set position is with the east part angled to line up with the angled lines under it.

Ruling 8 – SMALL BONE SETUP
If you follow the instructions for this model, the pivoting part doesn’t fit perfectly on its mark, and that’s okay.
Step 1 = Position the small/fixed part perfectly on its mark.
Step 2 = Position the other part to give the required 1/16” (1.5mm) gap between the parts.

So, the setup should not have the rotating part near or past the end of the black vertical line.  But in my picture, that is the BOTTOM of the line, not the top.  The small piece is fixed in place and won't be past the top of the vertical line.

Steve Scherr
VA/DC FLL Referee Advisor