I assume that you are just curious...

Touching the outside edge of the heart--it depends.  If the patch is at the same level and pushed up against the curved heart boundary, then I might say that it hasn't penetrated the volume (Rule 25).  Or I might say that it's dependent on the thickness of a line (Rule 29) and rule it in.  If the patch is above or below the boundary and a single atom lies on top/under of the outside edge of the heart, then I will rule it in--it has penetrated the "boundary plane"  of the volume.

Touching the lego brick outside the curved boundary is out, in my opinion.