Others can give you more detailed answers to your first 3 questions, but
basically yes.  They use the same consent forms and I think the same
team info.  Teams that are going to state will receive email with info,
I would think this will be after all of the regional tournaments are
done.  The motels fill up quickly, especially the ones where discounts
for FLL have been arranged.  As soon as you get this info, get your
group to reserve a block of rooms.  It helps alot for the team to stay
at the same place.

I have some comments on number 4.  My team is an alternate to the state
tournament and the kids want to prepare.  ( My daughter explicitly is
NOT wishing that anyone will get sick, she says, but she hopes some team
has some really nice vacations coming up that will be more fun for them
than the state tournament.)

We have built a clone to our tournament robot.  This robot allows
multiple team members to work on missions at the same time and is a
backup in case our robot falls apart or is dropped at the tournament.
The kids want to keep our tournament robot as is and make modifications
to the clone to see if we can improve it.  The basic idea is to make
sure that we do not lose ground in our attempts to improve our missions.

There is very little time to prepare, so I would lean toward refining,
but not making major changes.

Take time to go over the feedback from your regional tournament and look
for areas where your team can improve.  My team had several instances
where they had done something, but were unable to articulate it to the
judges.  For example, they were asked if everyone on the team knew what
everyone else was doing.  They gave a few examples, but didn't say
"YES."  Each team member was responsible for a mission, and any of them
could have named which team member was responsible for each mission.
They didn't do this and were marked as not fulfilling this item.
Reviewing these items would help the kids prepare.

Good luck with the state tournament and have fun.  We liked so much that
I am planning on taking my daughter up for the day on Sunday to see the
robot rounds.  (unless we are needed as alternates.)

Donna Cornwell
coach, FEP's