From: Brandy bergenstock
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 11:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VADCFLL-L] NXT merry go round effect

Is it just me, or does anyone else believe their is something inherently wrong with the gears for the new NXT brick, (or maybe it's the new brick itself)?  Robotics is suppose to be very precise.  Yes, some things go wrong- sometimes.  But I'll be darned if my team's best consistency isn't 1/3 of the time.  NASA or factories would never settle for such horrible ratios.  My team is disheartened by the lack of precision in the machinery they are working with.  I can only hope that fll come out with a 2.0 gear for their NXT brick by next tournament. I'm sad they came out with the new, inconstant model than than sticking with the very consistent RCX models and gears.
Personally, my team is putting their hopes in the skit and teamwork skills.
Regards,
Brandy