John,

My first year I felt similar.  It is overwhelming.  Try to be ready to do the project.  Our first year we had a poor presentation, but the whole experience for the kids was over the top energy and fun.  You really need more parental help and we had to split the group up into smaller numbers to get things done.  Keep at it and things will come together.

Rich Tate
(in my 5th season as coach)