Robin- third year coach and my sentiments exactly- this third year
seems to be going the best yet but it is still  overwhelming- and I
really can't say how they'll do- but they have set goals- a certain
number of missions, etc. and I keep reminding them it's about
achieving "their goals" not winning and then of course the FLL
values.  I find the project very overwhelming- but it's valuable.
Coaches are very kind- last year the kids were adamant on a power
point presentation that they worked really hard on, and all
participated in it and were proud of- the coaches were still very
nice  to them throughout(although the comments were "power point" as a
negative on the feedback sheet)- the coaches hand book is more
specific on this this year which allows me to tell my older, more self
conscious group- power points don't stand out- gotta make it fun. The
FLL DVD on the project is very helpful too- I'm sorry if a repeat- but
watch it with the team- came with your field set up.  Laura