I agree that a clarification is needed, that the scoring is 3 points for each bacterium in the sink following the proper method.  I can tell you that, according to my sources, the clarification will be that each bacterium does score separately.

The description of the method seems quite clear to me--each [bacterium] is the only one in motion during its trip to the sink.  If two bacteria are both in motion between Base and the sink at the same time, then the referee will take both from the sink and return them to Base.  I am looking forward to seeing how teams deal with the additional restriction on equipment location that applies *during each trip*.

Note that Rule 4 says that equipment includes the robot, its attachments, and other strategic objects.

Steve Scherr
VA/DC FLL Referee Advisor