Hello VA/DC FL Teams
I'm resending a note that I sent a few weeks ago as a reminder of the upcoming regional tournament registration period for Virginia/DC FLL.  Regional Tournament selection will be available starting October 1st at noon and tournament assignments will be made on a first-come, first serve basis.
As you may have noticed if you have gone to the Tournaments page (http://www.vadcfll.org/db/tournaments.aspx) on the VA/DC FLL site, there is now a link to the regional tournament registration system.  We have decided this year to open up the system early so that teams can get a head start on collecting team member information.  The regional tournament selection portion of the site will NOT open until October 1st and because tournament assignments are made on a first-come, first-serve basis based on completion of the tournament selection step, starting this early will NOT affect tournament assignments. This is only an opportunity for those coaches interested to start entering their team information prior to the opening of the tournament selection portion on October 1st.  You will be able to come back to this to make updates as needed until the end of the registration period on October 15th.  There is a Frequently Asked Questions link right under the registration link that will be able to answer most questions associated with the registration process.  We will send out reminders when we get close to the opening of the regional tournament selection portion.

I have included some notes below for the registration process:
WHAT WILL I NEED TO BE ABLE TO REGISTER FOR A TOURNAMENT?
- Your national FLL team number as provided by FIRST.
- Contact information for the coach.
- Team member details including name, gender, date of birth (for assignment of age division), whether or not the team member has participated in FLL before.
- Top three choices (in order) for tournament sites (this part will not open until 10/1)

OTHER THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT REGISTRATION…
* Because we know that a number of you are managers - and in some cases coaches - for more than one team, you will have the option to register multiple teams and list different coaches for each team.  If you register more than one team then you will be responsible for any updates to each team that you register or you will need to share your log in information with individual managers to do so themselves.
* Any manager or coach email addresses provided will be automatically added to the "admin" email list from which all administrative messages will be sent.
* There may be a delay of up to 1 week between when you register you team with USFIRST and when you are able to start the registration process as we normally update our registration server once a week.  We will make sure that all registered teams have been added prior to the start of official regional tournament registration on October 1st.

A SPECIAL NOTE TO TEAMS REGISTERED WITH FIRST THAT DO NOT PLAN TO PARTICIPATE IN A VA/DC FLL QUALIFYING TOURNAMENT.
* Even if you don't plan to register a team for a VA/DC FLL regional qualifying tournament this season, please log in and make note of that so that we don't have to contact you separately (there will be a clear place to indicate this on the first page).  This will help save time for our very busy volunteers who would otherwise have to follow up directly with any unregistered teams.

Please be aware that cookies must be enabled on your computer in order to use the registration system.  If this poses a problem in your school or place of business, you will need to use another computer or have someone else register for you.

If you have any questions, please send them to [log in to unmask].

Thank you for all that you do and we look forward to an exciting season!

Karen