Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. I told the boy who was writing programs on the brick that he needed to use the software on the computer. I think I will just have him use the NXT-G software. I just didn't want to limit him in what he could do. But, it seems much more straightforward to have him not program directly on the brick. He hadn't written any programs for missions, he was just playing around so we won't lose anything.

Thanks!
Heather

-----Original Message-----
From: Sonya Shaver <[log in to unmask]>
To: VADCFLL-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sun, Oct 9, 2011 11:25 am
Subject: Re: [VADCFLL-L] Software Rule question

I agree, and being able to print out the program even helps the kids to be able to explain it to the judges better when they have that.  The kids on my team know so much more than they are ever able to get across to the judges in that short five minutes, just because they are suddenly faced with strange adults in a strange room and it's just totally different.

Sonya
Harrisonburg, VA