Yes we did! It was fabulous!! Kids had a blast visiting Legoland as you can
expect. There were a lot of excellent teams from all over North America,
but it proved a real hard place to score on the table for various reasons
for all the teams. Not a single team achieved 400 and only a few posted
over 300.  For our Div 1 team competing with lots of older teams, it was
quite a good exposure to the breadth and depth of FLL talent beyond the
states. I should say VA/DC is one of the best tournaments you can go to -
with 96 or 97 teams last year in 2 divisions, we got meet and witness a lot
of  talented and creative teams, and the tournament itself was very well
run.

Nagesh

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Eric Palmer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Did your team go to Legoland?  How was that experience?
>

> On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Nagesh Chintada <
> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Last year our team won Division 1 VA/DC  Championship and we were invited
>> to the  FLL Open / North American championship event at Legoland
>> California. Again there were  out 75 spots and there is no fixed spot for
>> va/dc as Far as I know.
>>
>> Nagesh  Chintada
>> Coach, team X-bots
>>
>> On Nov 6, 2011, at 11:25 AM, Eric Palmer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> Also if I m not mistaken, only one or no teams will advance to worlds
>> from state tournament.  There are more regional tournaments worldwide than
>> spots at worlds.  So I think there is a lottery draw. Last year at state,
>> one team advanced and it was a division 2 team.
>>
>> There are typically more teams at VADCFLL state than worlds for FLL.
>> That is how bit our region is... Pretty cool.
>>
>> Eric
>> Team #7
>> The Rainbow Cows
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Jennifer Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>wrote:
>>
>>> As a rookie coach the entire season has been one batch of information
>>> after
>>> another.  Now that we have finished regional, I'm curious about the rest

>>> https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-ANNOUNCEMENTS-l.html to

--
Nagesh Chintada