I guess that the FLL Official Event page at
http://www.firstlegoleague.org/event/eventinfo has been updated for
Food Factor!

The various Open Championships (three are listed) come after the World
Festival and typically invite  regional champions or runners-up that
do not get an invitation to the World Festival.  Some may, however,
have some spaces open for at-large teams.  More information about the
Opens is usually posted to the event page in February or March, as the
US and international regional Championships are finishing up.