Regards,

Barry
Head Referee - LC Bird Regional

On Nov 9, 2011, at 5:57 AM, Mandy Wilson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Our team volunteered at the Special Olympics at the beginning of the season and it made a huge difference in how they respected each other and worked together as a team throughout the season.  After the Special Olympics, they all wrote paragraphs about what they learned and it really stuck with them all season.  Their paragraphs can be read here - http://www.piheads.com/Piheads.com/Special_Olympics/Special_Olympics.html

Even though they did not get to progress this year, I couldn’t be more proud of how they handled themselves as a team.  Big thanks to the folks at Bird HS for a great tournament!

Mandy Wilson

Coach of Team Piheads

From: First Lego League in Virginia and DC [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eric Palmer
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 8:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VADCFLL-L] Core Values

Absolutely you can prepare but not a lot in 2 weeks.  It is more like practice over the whole season. You can talk about the core values and ask the kids to find ways to convey them/live them outside of the team.

Team building exercises help as well. Discussions of roles, time keeping, brainstorming, respectful communications etc, followed by team work exercises and more discussion leads to improved teamwork with at least some teams.

Eric