Hello Virginia/DC FLL Friends,

We are Sparky 384, a FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) team, from JR Tucker High School in Richmond, Virginia.  We are excited to share with you our project, “Growing Up in a FIRST World.”  Our goal is to inspire children under age 9 in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).

Our team hosted a Jr.FLL Expo for children ages 6-9 and saw the student’s excitement   applying science and engineering to a real world challenge.  Being involved with FLL, you understand the importance of engaging children in STEM activities at a young age, so we are asking for your help.

We encourage your FLL team to inspire a group of Jr.FLL age students.  You can:

  • Show your FLL robot and Food Factor project to a group of Jr.FLL age students.
  • Start/mentor a Jr.FLL team:
  • Engage young students in any hands-on Science/Engineering activity.

In addition to FLL teams in Virginia/DC, we reached out to FLL teams across the country as well as 60 countries and challenged them to inspire the world’s youngest engineers.  Together we can inspire children “Growing Up in a FIRST World.”

Help us inspire the world!  Send us a description of your activity along with a picture to [log in to unmask]

Many thanks,

Sparky 384 FIRST Robotics Team

JR Tucker High School

Richmond, Virginia