LET's GO Boys and Girls has affordable ( <$50 ea?) manuals for summer camps and classroom activities:  (http://www.letsgoboysandgirls.com/robotics.html)  "We recommend and provide manuals for three venues of robotics, giving students the opportunity to work on developing their skills 12 months of the year. All three of these offerings utilize the LEGO NXT MINDSTORM robotics kits "

LET'S GO Boys & Girls (a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit)
Clark ‘Corky’ Graham, PhD
3800 Thomas Point Road
Annapolis, Md 21403
http://www.LetsGoBoysAndGirls.com