Unless you are kicking the kid of the team or if you are an insanely bad coach (which i'm sure you are not if you are taking the time to getother's input on this) then I'd say no refund. I agree with the comment that sports leagues wouldn't refund the money. I had a kid leave the team last year and didn't refund the money. I had others who Stuck it out last year and didn't come back this year. But they were all understanding that we as a team counted on all the dues paid.

From: Lori Hand <[log in to unmask]>;
To: <[log in to unmask]>;
Subject: [VADCFLL-L] Child who quits- refund $?
Sent: Mon, Sep 24, 2012 3:42:46 AM

I'm sure this happens all the time and I should have been prepared, but I
guess I am not.  After 3 weeks, a child is quitting and his parent is
demanding his $ back.  For budget reasons, this is a big problem.  What
should I do?  What do most people do?  And the signed form doesn't mention
this, which is probably a big problem on my part.  The parent wants to quit
because he missed a mtg because of location change (which was announced in
advance) and he is annoyed.

thanks,