Renee

From: First Lego League in Virginia and DC
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brittany Rose
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2012 4:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VADCFLL-L] New Team Member

Ivan,

I am offering a slightly different perspective than some of the others
offered here.  While I am a rookie FLL coach, I have coached Jr.FLL for
three years and I have been an FLL tournament volunteer and organizer for
many more.  I would - if in this situation - tell the interested family that
membership to the team for this season is closed.  The team has been working
together on the challenge for more than a month and we are effectively at
the halfway point of the season.  I'm not a fan of turning away kids who
want to be involved, but I also recognize that there need to be boundaries
and saying "yes" to/accommodating every interested child - especially
mid-season - is not feasible and can make your life that much more difficult
as a coach.

Good luck!

Brittany