From: First Lego League in Virginia and DC [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sonya Shaver
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VADCFLL-L] Team Size question

Gosh, that is SO hard!  I don't know what I would do!  My heart would be breaking.  I don't know how you could possibly tell some of the kids that now they don't get to actually do it.  Have you already been meeting this whole time with all of the kids??  That would honestly just feel miserable.  But you also can't have 18 people working on it and then only send ten of them to the tournament.  The team can only have ten kids, and that's it.  That means the whole season, all the work, etc., can only be done by ten kids.  You can't have the work of 18 kids going to the tournament, even if it's only represented by 10 of them.

What about calling FIRST and explaining the situation and that you only missed the cut-off by an hour, and ask if you still just register your second team since you don't need an extra kit, right?  I mean, it seems like the reason they stop the registration is because they run out of kits.  But if you can use the same table/mission models and just meet with the two teams at different times, then maybe they would let you?

I don't know what in the world else you could do.  Unless you have some 9 yr olds in the mix and you could ask them if they would be willing to do Jr FLL this year and FLL next year.  Sorry that happened and good luck!!  Keep us posted on what you decide.

Sonya