Depends on what you mean by competition.  Page 18 states that you can only use one controller in any one match which I take to be a 2:30 minute round.  Same page also states that you can only have 3 motors in the competition area at a time.  So as long as you abid by the rules  for the robot game you should've fine.

If you're question is about the robot design part of the tournament.  That is an interesting question and I don't know the answer.  Our team has 2 robots that do different missions.  I was just planning to pick one of them for the robot design.