The judging is conducted on a trap door; at 5:01, the door opens and the
team falls into the pit, which is filled with puppies.

No, seriously, the "five minutes" is a bit fluid. If they're clearly about
done, I'd expect the judges to let them go. It might also help if the team
(NOT the coach!) warned them that in their run-throughs, it was sometimes a
bit longer. However, please do note that the five minutes technically starts
when they walk into the room-so if it's really five-plus, it could easily
approach six minutes if there's any prep, milling about, etc. And the judges
may interrupt to ask if they're almost done, which could throw them off.

If 'twere me, I'd ask the team what they might do about it: is there
anything they can cut? Is there any part that can be saved for a likely
"spontaneous" answer to a judge's question? This is part of the problem
solving they need to do! If someone is particularly good at remembering,
make them the official prompter, too.

--

Phil Smith III

Coach, The Capital Girls (retired)