I have had the same issue in robotics and scouts.  Last year we tried having parents sign up for jobs but no one signed up. This year, we did a job preferences sheet.  Each parent completed a form where they ranked their job preferences from 1 to 5.  I then tallied the sheets and assigned parents jobs based on their rankings.  This worked great and parent involvement has been outstanding.   Below is the list of parent jobs we use.

Assistant Coach - Help herd cats, encourage, have fun.

Research Assistant Coach  - Help guide the girls in project research, solution development and how to present their findings.

Research Expert Coordinator – Help the girls coordinate a meeting with an expert in the field of senior living.

Research Community Outreach – Help the girls coordinate sharing the research with the community.

Sub-team Coach -help the girls decide how to tackle robot design and missions.

Summer Party Coordinator - Organize a summer team party, something for the girls get to know each other and have fun

T-Shirt design Coordinator - Work with the girls to develop a t-shirt design

Tournament Snack and Lunch Coordinator

Tournament Swaps Coordinator

Attend Meetings - To comply with two-deep PTA child safety policy, two non-related adults have to be present at each meeting

Thanks,

Scott Rakestraw

Capital Girls and Code Crackers Coach