Hello fellow coaches!

The championship tournament is coming up in two weeks on December 8 and 9, and I wanted to send out a plea for help!  This is the largest FLL tournament in the world!!  Close to 100 teams will be coming from all over Virginia and DC to Harrisonburg to compete, and so that means a need for a lot of volunteers.  The JMU faculty and students have been hard at work preparing to make this event amazing, but we also need many judges for all of these teams.  If anyone would be interested in volunteering as a judge or referee, we could definitely use your help.  Whether you are new to FLL or a veteran coach, we would love to have you.  You will receive training on the day of, and we will tell you everything you need to know.  We are especially in need of judges for the Project and Core Values sessions on Saturday afternoon for Division 2.  If you know of anyone who works with seniors, anyone who has been involved in FLL in the past, or anyone passionate about helping kids and interested in learning more, please tell them about this great opportunity.  It is so much fun and they promise to feed you well!  If you are a new coach, this is an amazing way to learn so much more about FLL and to see behind the scenes.

I am helping to organize the judges and referees, so please contact me if you are interested or if you know of anyone who would be.  You don't have to come for the whole weekend.  The main volunteer shifts are Saturday morning or Saturday afternoon, and then Sunday day.

Thanks for reading!
best,
Sonya Shaver in Harrisonburg