I have done a provisional patent. I would say the prior art search is the hardest part.

Here is a link to USPTO document.

http://www.uspto.gov/patents/resources/types/provapp.jsp

Are you looking to develop your Balance device?

Here is a patent for you to look at 8,206,325. I found it searching here. http://patft.uspto.gov/

Look at the prior art cited in this patent. How is what you have different?

Here is another patent for you to look at 6,546,291.

Same questions as above.

A patent is the art of being incredibly broad to describe something. Never be specific unless it is necessary.

Don't say gyroscope when you could say sensor. Don't say metal conductor when conductor works. Say power source not battery.

Look at NOLO press. They have books on patents and articles on their website.

Good luck.