I meant to send this out to the entire list...

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brittany Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [VADCFLL-L] New team expenses?
Date: January 28, 2013 7:41:44 PM EST
To: Carolyn R Wilkerson <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Carolyn,

Yes, the VA/DC FLL fee is $100.  The total that our first time team paid to FIRST this past season is outlined below (I copied this from our receipt).  There is also the cost of building materials for a table, team t-shirts, and miscellaneous materials.  In general, it is reasonable for a new team to spend about $1,000 getting started.

Thanks for spreading the word about FLL!

Cheers,
Brittany

Materials Purchased from FIRST:

* 1 x Field Setup Kit (Limit of 1 per team - this item is needed to participate in FLL, but multiple teams may share)  NON-REFUNDABLE. Part number 779657. $75.00 USD $75.00 USD each

* 1 x FLL Robot Set With DC Battery (Limit of 1 per team - Required to participate in FLL, though teams may use robot from a previous season). Part number 979792. $420.00 USD $420.00 USD each

* 1 x 2012 FLL Team Registration (Required) NON-REFUNDABLE. Part number 990305. $225.00 USD $225.00 USD each

Subtotal $720.00 USD
Shipping and Handling $50.40 USD
Tax (0.0%) $0.00 USD
Total $770.40 USD