I'd have to disagree. Under rule 10, "anything joined with it (the controller) by hand", (even if held down with gravity under "any method, any configuration"), "which is designed not to separate from it except by hand" (presuming the robot is not designed to flip itself over) qualifies as part of the robot.  Under rule 10, even if the basket is attached to the robot for only one mission, it is an attachment, not a strategic object.

I'd agree that if the robot picked up a basket and carried it to the red zone, it could be considered a strategic object because it was not joined by hand and could be released without the help of a hand. I suspect that a team would have to work at it to make such a "basket on the robot" a strategic object. And, I don't think even that was Scott's intent, but I'd read it that way as its written - I'll check with him to be sure.

I'd be interesting to hear Steve's take until Scott clarifies it.

Rules:

10. ROBOT - The robot is the controller and anything joined with it by hand (any method, any configuration) which is designed not to
separate from it except by hand.

11. ATTACHMENTS - These are features which qualify as part of the robot while installed, but are not installed for the entire match.

12. STRATEGIC OBJECTS - These are team-supplied objects which serve a mission-related purpose, but never qualify as part of the robot.

Brian