Hi Everyone,

We are a new rookie team (joined FLL in September -- enjoying it very much - especially everyone's support) and as we approach the finish line parents are worried about the kids feeling really bad if they don't perform up to the other teams.

Our hearts are torn because we know in our minds it's about teaching the FLL Core Values.   We are thinking of the core values -- "We are a team", "What we discover if more important".    At the same time, we respect the parents who feel strongly that the kids may feel bad in the end.    Has anyone ever been here walking in these shoes that could offer advice. W

We would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Best Regards
Linda Budiman

  • We are a team.
  • We do the work to find solutions with guidance from our coaches and mentors.
  • We know our coaches and mentors don't have all the answers; we learn together.
  • We honor the spirit of friendly competition.
  • What we discover is more important than what we win.
  • We share our experiences with others.
  • We display Gracious Professionalism® and Coopertition® in everything we do.
  • We have FUN!