Contact Lego education. They are very good about replacing defective equipment.

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 30, 2013, at 10:17 PM, "Jeff Beima" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

I love your question!  You're right, I really don't know.  I've reset before so I'm pretty sure I got it.  When it finishes the series of beeps, it is done with the first step and when it gives the startup tune, it is done with the second step.

Everything but the screen seems to be functioning normally.  It can still run programs from the buttons (need a good memory for this too!).  It can still download run programs via USB.  Unfortunately, my memory's not good enough to get through the Bluetooth menus to enable connection to the laptop.

I'm afraid to reload firmware.  I believe it will delete all downloaded programs and the known Bluetooth connections.  Sounds painful!

I didn't think EV3 robots were available because they were back ordered until mid-November.  But worth a try.

Thanks for the response!

Jeff