CONGRATULATIONS to all the FLL teams who participated in the VADCFLL 2013 Nature's Fury season!

The 2013 VADCFLL season may have ended but promoting STEM programs is an on-going goal for VADCFLL.  We are encouraging FLL teams to keep their robots in working condition until the next FLL season.  There are many opportunities for your FLL team to represent FIRST as exhibitors at various events.

We are looking for FLL teams to display their robot and project as FIRST exhibitors at this event...

EVENT:  FIRST Exhibit featuring FLL Program

LOCATION:  Microsoft Store at Pentagon City Mall
1100 S. Hayes St.
Arlington, VA 22202

DATE & TIME:  Saturday, December 21 -- 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
FLL teams can volunteer for 2-hour shifts.

To sign up your FLL team as a volunteer exhibitor for VA/DC FLL, go to:
http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090E48ABA62CA02-fllexhibitors2
Sign-up deadline:  Wednesday, December 18

WHAT WILL FLL TEAMS DO AT THIS EVENT:
Teams can display this season's FLL robot and project.  An FLL table, Nature's Fury field mat and mission set will be available at this event for teams to demonstrate their robot.  Although it would be great to have the entire team at this event, it is not required for all team members to be at this exhibit.  At least 2 team members and 1 team coach or parent chaperone should be available during the team's volunteer shift.

BENEFIT TO FLL TEAM MEMBERS:
  • Community outreach activity:  Promote STEM programs like FIRST.
  • Continue practicing FLL Core Value: "We share our knowledge and experience."
  • Promote your team's innovative solution (good for the FLL Global Innovation Award)
  • Volunteer students can earn community service hours as exhibitors for this event
Other "perks":
  • Team members/coaches can check out the different products offered by Microsoft.
  • Receive giveaways and discount cards from Microsoft.
  • Enjoy shopping at "The Fashion Center at Pentagon City Mall" (and get some of those last-minute holiday gifts).

For specific questions regarding this event, send an email to: [log in to unmask]

Thank you for supporting VA/DC FLL and FIRST.

Angie Fontanilla
VA/DC FLL, Communications Director
EMAIL:  [log in to unmask]

Don Brobst