VA/DC FLL teams,
I’m pleased to announce that there will be an unofficial FLL tournament in Newport News on May 31st as part of a larger STEM fair run by Newport News Public Schools and Christopher Newport University.  While the tournament will be geared towards new teams, veteran teams are encouraged to participate as well.  The tournament is open to all interested students aged 9-14 (public school, private school, homeschool, neighborhood groups, etc. - no need to be an officially registered FLL team or live in Newport News). The format will be modified from the official requirements and will be made up of robot performance rounds as well as informal robot design judging (no research portion for this event).  The competition will use the “Nature’s Fury” challenge and rules.

Details for the event (times, exact location, schedule, etc.) are still being determined and will be based on the number of teams participating.  I will try to schedule the day so that teams can take advantage of the other STEM activities going on during the day.

If you are interested in participating or would like more information, please let me know ([log in to unmask]) and I will make sure that you receive details as we work them out.  Please feel free to pass this along to anyone who might be interested.  If new groups are interested in participating and need a Nature’s Fury challenge set, please have them contact me.

Thanks and I look forward to a great STEM event on May 31st.

Karen