Here's a post in the FIRST Forums

http://forums.usfirst.org/showthread.php?21769-New-screening-process&p=83668#post83668

This coach says, "One other local coach mentioned that parents with children under 9 were not able to register for an FLL team. I contacted FIRST and was told that they can be manually added to team rosters and that a paper waiver form will need to be filled an submitted for these kids at local events."

In Virginia-DC FLL, you have to provide the ages of your team members twice--once on the FIRST website, and once for VA-DC FLL registration. I haven't heard about a lower age cutoff on the VA-DC site.

Steve Scherr
VA-DC FLL Referee Advisor