This is AWESOME. The Sea Monsters are long-time competitors and a great team.

One point I’ll comment on: coaches not being in the room for non-competition rounds. I think this is great advice; I bet most teams will have a problem with it. Remember that FLL is for the kids, not the parents or coaches, and please do consider following this suggestion.

Hey, Wally, you did miss one thing – implicit and the Sea Monsters always did it, so it probably seemed too obvious for you to list:

HAVE FUN!!!

One of the things I tell people about FLL is that in over a decade of competing/judging, I’ve seen ONE kid crying, and based on his parent’s reaction, there were other issues there. Compare that to ANY other kids’ tournament you’ve ever been to—heck, compare it to most kids’ parties! I believe that alone is a testament to the value of FLL (just one of many).

OK, I could go on, but I’d better not…

--

Phil Smith III

Coach, The Capital Girls (retired)