Depending on the tournament, there can be really loud music playing. If so, not even the person handling the robot will hear anything. However, it can be a nice touch for the robot design judging round.

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 2014-11-15 19:00:31 +0000
To: Kelly Abramson
Subject: RE: [VADCFLL-L] Robot programming - sounds permitted?
Last minute rookie question: My team is very focused on music (in fact, their research/project deals with learning music). In programming the robot missions, they made the robot make a sound (a beep) after it completes several missions. I don%26#8217;t see anything against this in rules, but wondering if it might be considered a distraction to the other team at the robot table. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether I should encourage them to remove the sound from the robot missions?

Much thanks,
Kelly Abramson
Redstone Robotics #9433