Update 2 discusses the door.  Basically it says, "if you engineer a
reliable method to ensure that the door is open, then you don't have to
rely on hope."

2 – DOOR SWING
The door’s tendency to stay still, open, closed, is random, based on tiny
variations in how the volunteers attach it to the west wall. Their job is
to make it like the picture – which “looks” level. When the robot pushes
the handle down, the door is designed to be
swingable, and yes, it’s sensitive. Instead of hoping for a door that
swings open, or expecting the volunteers to attach it the way you want it,
the engineering solution to this mission is to figure out a way to ensure
that any door will be open at the end of the match, no matter how it might
like to swing. (Insight and strategy advice)

Volunteers will set up the tables to make the door look vertical, but there
are plenty of things that could encourage an open door to swing one or the
other, both allowable (robot action) and not allowable (an arm bumping the
table).

The score for the mission is based on the condition of the table at the
moment that the match ends.  If the door is closed at the end of the match,
your team might be surprised that it has closed on its own, but they
shouldn't be surprised by a score of zero for the mission.  Update 2 has
offered teams plenty of time to think about strategies.

Steve Scherr
VA-DC FLL Referee Advisor