Not sure I understand your question, so I am going to assume you have two motors driving the wheels and a third motor for the robot arm.

If you move the arm down using the regulated motor control blocks, the default is that the motor brakes after it has moved x rotations/degrees/seconds. The effect of that may be that it actually pushes the arm down against the floor.

If this is the case, you could try changing the end-of-motor-movement action from braking to coasting and see if that helps.