If all team members are between the ages of 9 and 11 on January 1st of the competition year, then you have a Division 1 team.
If at least one team member is 12 years or older on January 1st of the competition year, then you have a Division 2 team.
http://va-dcfll.org/teams/start-register-a-team/

This is the same age cutoff as last year.

I believe all regions have both divisions, but I suppose there could be exceptions. I guess it really all depends on who signs up.
Coach Skip Morrow

.