To follow up on that, if your team has not read and discussed the
Definitions and Rules section of the challenge document, take some time at
your next meeting to read & discuss each one.  My team spent almost an
entire meeting doing this, and it was time well spend.
Your question can be answered by Definition D06 and Rule R02.

*R02 – Controllers* – You are allowed only one individual controller in any
particular Match.

   - It must exactly match a type shown below (Except: Special-edition
   color differences are okay).
   - All other controllers must be left in the pit area for that Match.
   - All forms of remote control or data/info exchange with Robots
   including Bluetooth in the competition area are illegal.

*D06 – Match* – A “Match” is when two teams play opposite each other on two
Fields arranged back to back.

   - Matches last 2-1/2 minutes.
   - Your Robot Launches from Base and tries as many Missions as possible.
   - The Field is not reset for the purpose of multiple attempts.
   - Re-Launches are allowed during the Match, but the timer doesn’t pause

Hope this helps!

-Frank