Hi Tweeks,

I have never seen that link before, so I'm not really sure what that is from.  While I think there is a ton of helpful information online, you really do have to read the rules multiple times and always rely on the challenge and the challenge updates (for the current year!) as the official source for any questions.  While there can be table variations, there is a rule about how the mat is placed on the table (see page 8 of the challenge).  We came to learn to rely on the mat and not the table, since there could be slight variations in the table.  But everyone's mat is exactly the same dimensions.  So, with that being said, you can rely on the features of the mat, because those will always be the same.

This might seem very basic, but whenever we are looking for something in the rules, we just search the document for the keyword on what we are looking for, and we can usually quickly and easily find the rule related to our question without poring over the document for the millionth time. I will say though that you can never read the rules enough.  I've been doing this for 8 years, and I still find things I didn't know after I've read the rules multiple times.

Good luck!  I am sure your team will figure something out.  You definitely cannot use paper and tape, but tell them the new requirements and that will be a great teamwork challenge!  Having to adjust and reevaluate as you go through the season is all a part of it (happens to us every year), and is teaching them awesomely helpful skills that will serve them well in the future.

Sonya
Coach of the Brick Dawgs