Any information about Ashburn Regional Tournament? I didn't receive any update on that.

Thank you,
AM

On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:01 AM, "Poole, Aeronia" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

This also went out:

From: 4Virginia 4Virginia <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 3:21 PM
Subject: VA/DC FLL Tournament

Coaches,

Hi, my name is Krystian Jones and I’m the director for the USPTO FLL Tournament.  I want to welcome all of you to the tournament.  I know some of you already and look forward to meeting the rest of you!

Below is an update on the Alexandria, USPTO Regional Tournament.  Please read it carefully (sorry, I know it’s long but there’s a lot of info) and respond back with the information that I have requested.  This is mainly so that I know I have the correct contact information for you.  We don’t have all of the details determined at this time and more information will come as we get closer to the event.

Schedule: I hope to have a detailed schedule out to you all about a week before the tournament.  Please be aware that when I do send it out, it istentative until the day of the event and very subject to change.  Registration will tentatively begin around 8:30 am and the tournament opening will tentatively begin around 9:30 am.  I will continue to send along any updated information as I receive it.

Team numbers: Below I have a list of the teams registered for this tournament.  Please check it to ensure that you national team number is correct, team name is correct, and that you are in the correct division.  Please email to let me know whether or not the information is correct and if necessary, any changes.  Note that Division I teams are those that everyone on the team is 11 or younger as of January 1, 2015.

Team #
Team Name
Age Div (I or II)
103
Lord of the Robots
4603
Think Outside The Box
11266
Garfield Elementary Lego Team
15492
Code 6
16564
Tachyon Titans
1249
Electronic Elements
II
2782
NCS Alpha Eagles
II
3007
Dynamite Twisters
II
4005
Techno Panthers
        II
4401
LeGo Girls
II
10620
MASterminds
II
15964
Trash Terminators
II

FIRST Consent/Release Form.  For any students who did not get registered through the TIMS system and have their parents complete their consent form, coaches are responsible for ensuring that they submit a signed release form at the tournament. Team members will not, and cannot, be allowed on the performance floor or in the judging rooms without these forms. This form can be found at www.va-dcfll.org by following the “Teams” link to the “Team Resources” page.  THIS IS REQUIRED AND WILL BE ENFORCED.

Team Introduction Page.  Please bring four (4) copies.  You will turn in one copy at the registration desk.  The team will give one copy to the Robot Design Judges, one copy to the Project Presentation Judges and one copy to the Teamwork Judges. This form can be found at www.va-dcfll.org by following the “Teams” link to the “Team Resources” page. It is very helpful to the judges if you attach a team photo on the back, but this is optional.

What to Bring:  This is a fairly complete list of things you will want to consider bringing to the tournament.  Feel free to bring additional items.  Do not bring your challenge mat or challenge set.  There is not room for you to set up individual team challenge mats.  I will have practice tables for teams to use during the event.

Other things to bring:
·      Robot
·      Box in which to carry your robot
·      Laptop
·      Anything you need for your project presentation
·      Batteries
·      Backup copy of your program (electronic)
·      Printed copy of your program, if possible, for the robot design judges
·      Cooler with food and drinks (optional)
·      Items to trade with other teams such as pins, stickers, etc. (optional)

Please let me know if you all have any questions or concerns or need clarification on anything listed here.  I will be sending an additional update when we get closer to the event and details have been worked out with the site.  Thanks, and see you all on the 7th!

Krystian Jones

Aeronia L. Poole, M.Ed C&I
MS Technology Coordinator
Robotics Team Coach - STEM Think Tank