I'm sending this out now because I know that many teams are wrapping things up for the year and I want to put the idea out there before everyone disbands.

Last year my Son and I participated in the BrickFair in Chantilly VA (specifically the Great Ball Contraption).  BrickFair is not an official Lego event, but it's certainly one of the largest gatherings of Lego fans on the East Coast annually.  We had a blast, but I feel like we're missing an opportunity to showcase FLL to the broader community.

  To that end, I have been working with the organizer on a plan to have an FLL area for BrickFair 2016 (usually held the first weekend of August) that will be run/managed by my team.  There are many details to be worked out, but my vision is that this will be an open expo to allow teams to come and run their robots on a Trash Trek field.  We'll probably start the real planning in March, but I wanted to let folks know that this is in the works.  If you have questions about the this, feel free to contact me off-list.. we don't need to clog up everyone's inboxes with this one :)

Thanks,
Frank Levine
Team 1017 - The Robotic Rockets