I agree with Frank both from a coaching perspective and from a judging perspective. The challenge instructs the kids to choose an animal and an interaction - as a judge, I would not consider a project that doesn’t follow these guidelines for an award nor would I recommend a team for advancement to the championship. I do agree with you though, Kelly, that there is some great cross over potential between the two challenges. One of my teams last year focused on food packaging and the damage it could do to animals when not disposed of properly…as cool as it would have been to dig deeper into that project this season, it was not animal-specific so the team has gone in an entirely different direction.

Good luck!
Brittany