Please note that my comments about team participation are in the context of FLL teams, which have a maximum of 10 members total.

Steve

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 10:52 PM, VA-DC Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
The first FLL core value is "We are a team."

It's perfectly appropriate for your team to show up at the regional tournament with all the members who are available.  We know that people get sick, family matters take priority, and so on.  I've seen teams that had to do creative adaptations of their project presentations because a member couldn't come.

Similarly, it's fine for a team to show up at the Championship with all the members who are available.  It might be different because it's harder to schedule around obligations on short notice.

These are not substitutes, they are team members.

It is not appropriate to bring in new people who haven't been a part of the team as substitutes.  That would probably affect your judging anyway.

Steve Scherr
Virginia-DC FLL Referee Advisor