We have two upcoming FLL events in the Hampton Roads area. If your team is interested in participating in either or you just want more information, let me know.
Brick by Brick Shipbuilding Event at the Hampton Roads Naval Museum
We are looking for a few teams to demo their robots from the Animal Allies season during this well attended event. The entire team does not need to be there and times are flexible so if there is a preference, just let me know. Even if you don't come to demo, I encourage you to just bring the kids (any kids!) out and participate.
* When: February 4, 2017 from 10 am - 4 pm
* Where: Half Moone Cruise and Celebration Center (right next to NAUTICUS Museum) in Norfolk
* Cost: FREE! The event is free for teams demoing as well as any spectators and other participants so bring anyone interested!
* What: Lots of LEGOs! Kids of all ages can build ships on site (some with directions, some using their imagination), enter the ship contests (prizes awarded by age group - ships can be built on site with their LEGOs or brought from home), see amazing ship models that have already been built or help us out with the FLL demos and computers that will be available for the public to learn how to program with.
Spring Hampton Roads FLL Scrimmage
* When: Saturday, May 20, 2017 from approximately 10 am - 2 pm
* Where: Christopher Newport University in Newport News (will be held in conjunction with the annual Community STEM Day so lots of stuff to do!)
* Costs: FREE! There is no registration fee
* Who: Any FLL team or any group interested in participating in the FLL Animal Allies Challenge (you do not have to be a registered FLL team)
* What: We will do the robot game and informal robot design judging only (no presentation or core values judging). Teams will use the Animal Allies challenge and will be grouped into veteran or rookie divisions (we will not use age divisions). Any new team interested in starting up that does not have the Animal Allies challenge set should contact me.
Thanks and I hope to see you all at some of the upcoming events!