Good Afternoon FIRST LEGO League Teams!

That time of year is fast approaching & we are so excited for the upcoming 2017 Hydro Dynamics FIRST LEGO League challenge!  If you have not had the chance to check out the description & teaser video for Hydro Dynamics, check it out now!

On your mark, get set, flow! Drink in the 2017/2018 HYDRO DYNAMICSSM season and learn all about water – how we find, transport, use, or dispose of it. In the 2017/2018 FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge, students age 9 to 14 will make a splash with HYDRO DYNAMICS. What might become possible when we understand what happens to our water?

FIRST LEGO League challenges kids to think like scientists and engineers. During the HYDRO DYNAMICSSM season, teams will choose and solve a real-world problem in the Project. They will also build, test, and program an autonomous robot using LEGO® MINDSTORMS® technology to solve a set of missions in the Robot Game. Throughout their experience, teams will operate under the FIRST LEGO League signature set of Core Values, celebrating discovery, teamwork, and Gracious Professionalism®.

https://youtu.be/VScismWTNtQ

The official FIRST registration will begin May 11th.
Registration will be open at 12:00 P.M. (ET). Check out our streamlined registration process—a simplified dashboard with reminders. Two Youth Protection Plan (YPP) screened Coaches are still required to manage the team roster and begin meeting with youth; however, now Coaches and administrators can create teams, pay, and order products while Coaches are completing the screening process. Tell your teams to get a jump on the season, and be sure to secure their place in the FIRST® galaxy! Mark your calendars now – May 11, noon ET.

If you have questions on the registration process, take a look at VA-DC FIRST LEGO League for clarification.  If you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out and we will be happy to help.

We look forward to seeing new and familiar faces during the 2107/2018 season!

Krystian Jones

Assistant Director of Virginia/DC FIRST® LEGO® League

James Madison University

Lakeview Hall, MSC 0305

298 Port Republic Rd. Harrisonburg, VA 22807

Office: 540-568-2216