A youth mentor can be one of the three non-team members in the judging room.

Given the small age difference in this case, the team should inform the judges the person is a mentor, not a team member, prior to starting.  You don’t want the judges assuming the mentor is a team member not participating.

Scott Rakestraw

VA/DC Judge Advisor

From: Sid Hatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 8:38 AM
To: Scott Rakestraw <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Judging Room attendance

The rules clearly state that only 3 adults are allowed in the judging rooms with the team.

Our Rookie team consists of 3rd and 4th graders. We also have a team mentor (5th grade) who is hoping to inspire another team next season.

Are the tournament rules strict in that it can only be 3 *adults* or could we have 2 adults and one other person in the judging room? We understand the guidelines about where non-team members must stand and that they do not interact with the judges.

Many thanks,

Sid

Tsunami Saints, #31607