Yes, you should absolutely expect the lighting conditions to be different
on each table you play on. Take that from experience! Now, that doesn't
mean it WILL be different--just that you should EXPECT it to be different.
That includes practice tables being different from the competition tables
and different from your tables at home/school. There are different
strategies for dealing with the variances, including mechanical
(shielding), calibrations, and strategies that avoid relying on the sensor.

.